Hold Up, I’m writing to y’all on a Wednesday??!!
Excuse the faux panicking. I’m still trying to figure out what day of the week it is.
So, I like many other folks around the South, love some Red Velvet. Cake, Cupcakes, Whoopie Pies, Scones even.
So how’d I come w/this wacky idea. Two things: A post on Brown-Eyed Baker and I was bored on an airplane.
On B.E.B. there’s a post on Chocolate-Peanut Butter Torte, and as much I love that combo. I really do. I wanted to somethin a tad different.
So while I was sitting on an airplane in the night sky (what song am I going with this), I was bored.
And usually when I’m bored, I either cook and/or create recipes. Obviously ya can’t cook on an airplane. Or can you???
I know it aint look like the actually red.
I actually used Maroon, cuz that’s the only “Red” I got. But the Red + White is tricky too.
When I decided to attempt this, I realized: I’ve never done a frozen dessert. Yeah I done made Ice Cream before. But nothing like frozen pie or torte in the case.
I’m branchin out y’all!!!
So some of y’all prob wondering, how do you make somethin like this ole-great one?!
Minus the ole-great one name.
Well it’s easy no doubt. It just takes time
Red(ish) Velvet Torte
- 1 Box of Oreo Cookies (or the Bootleg kind, I won’t judge)
- 1/4 C of Butter, melted.
- pinch of salt
- Grind up Oreos in a Blender or Hammer. Add melted butter and salt together til it looks kinda sticky and clumpy.
- Place the cookie crumbs in a spring form pan, use a glass to spread it all over the sides.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes @ 350 degreez.
- 1 1/2 Blocks of Cream Cheese, Room Temp(or be prepared for a lump-fest)
- 1 + 1/4 Cup of Sugar (I’ll explain that laters)
- 2 C Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbspoons cocoa powder (unsweet)
- Red Food Coloring.
- 1 Cup of Sugar goes in with the Cream Cheese (thats at room temp, cold cream cheese will make ya life miserable)
- Cream the Cream Cheese(HA!) together w/ a mixer, or by hand. Work out the gunz. And add in the sugar til its a silky texture.
- Add the color to the cream cheese mixture. Along with the lemon juice.
- The other 1/4 C of Sugar goes in w/ the Heavy Cream along with the vanilla. Whip that sucker to stiff peaks. Preferably with a mixer, or if ya crazy enough with a whisk.
- But nothing past that, other wise it’ll turn to butter.
- Fold the cream in with the cream cheese mixture til you get nice volume of creamy-ness(weird anybody?)
- After the crust is cooled down, pour the filling in and let it set in the fridge overnight.
And you’ll get this here:
That looks and actually tastes good too.
So in other news, I’ve decided to go back to skool and actually learn to make desserts.
This came about after a while of realizing how much time I spend making/creating ideas for desserts.
Pretty impressive for a guy aint it??
Next Spring, I shall be enrolling myself in some classes and learning the actual trade. Get Excited!
And Thats it. Really. That’s all I got for now.
If y’all like what ya see???
Like, Comment and/or Subscribe to this bad boy herre. I do update this sucker. Pretty often. (I can’t spell regularly for the life of me. oh wait.)
Also for stumblin upon this page, I leave y’all with a piece of the torte:
No need to fight over it, or nothin. Peace!!!