Well world, we almost toward the month of May and for most of y’all, y’all dont have sunshine.
Y’all got Snow. And I’m just gonna put it out there: That Groundhog lied to us all.
Heck even here in Texas, it’s in the low 60′s…normally we hit 80 by March. It’s CRAY CRAY!!
With that said, who wants Ice Cream???
Red Velvet Ice Cream that is….
What conspired this concoction? Well…. just random thought in my head to try it.
A lot of the time, it’s just random… hey I wonder how’d this taste in “Red Velvet” or…
You get the point.
So How’d I do it? Well it was kinda easy if you can make Ice Cream…
Which is TOTES easy!!! Yeah I just said that…anywho
To make this
You need the following
Red Velvet Ice Cream
- 1 1/4 C Heavy Cream
- 3/4 C Buttermilk
- 3 Eggs
- 2/3 C Sugar
- 2 Tbspoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tbspoons Cocoa Powder
- Red Food Coloring
- Heat the Heavy Cream with 2/3C of Sugar in a Saucepan
- Whilst that heats up, add the Eggs, Buttermilk, Brown Sugar and whisk together til it comes together.
- Temper the Cream aka “Add the Hot Cream little by little while Whisking The Egg Mixture” til there’s no more cream in the pan, then add it back in the Saucepan back on the stove.
- Add the Cocoa Powder and Red Food Coloring and Vanilla.
- Pour in a bowl over Ice and stir til it cools.
- If you got an Ice Cream Maker, use it.
- If you don’t have an Ice Cream Maker, put custard in a blender and place in the freezer for an 90 minutes and take out and pulse to break up the ice crystals. Repeat every 45 minutes for about 3-4 times.
And you’ll get somethin like This:
Welp, that’s all I got for now y’all.
If y’all like what y’all see?
Comment, Like and/or Subscribe…I do update this sucker though, so it aint like a “Where’d he go???” type of thing.
Til then, Stay warm… Something I prolly wouldnt be saying at this time of the year.
What’s next snow in June?