So I’ve finally done it!
I finally made Creme Brulee.
Also I apparently won an award while I was at it.
Ya. Yours truly got the “Kreative Blogger” Award. Apparently it’s been floatin around 4 a while. And I finally got it!!
It only took me a little over a year to do it. That’s when I decided to make this sucker what it is today. A Foodie Site.
BTW, anybody know how to collect the award??
So what do to make for this occasion??? CREME BRULEE!!!
Why Creme Brulee?? Its a Celebration!!!
But I’ve also wanted to make this for a while, back when I was goin thru my “French” phase. Scroll Down thataway and you’ll see some pretty unique French desserts.
Creme Brulee is a real easy thing to make, what I think folks are scared of is the “Brulee” part. Which is French for “Burnt”. There goes that French put to good usage y’all!
I myself wanted to get one of those giant blowtorches, however I can’t find one. So I had to use the Broiler button on the oven.
Just make sure to keep an eye on it. Cuz you take your eye off of it. You’ll have more than Brulee on that Creme.
So this is how I made this here:
Vanilla Creme Brulee
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- 4 egg Yolks
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 C Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Bake for about 40 Minutes @ 325 Degrees.
- This will fill about 4 ramekins. Or Heat-Proof Coffee Mugs
- Make sure to place them in a water-bath (or salle de baine, if ya fancy). Why? Helps them cook evenly, so the top don’t overcook while its still not in the center.
- The best way to tell that they are done, the center is jiggly in the center. Not wobbly or liquid-ee. It’s gotta be jiggly yet firm.
- To test THAT theory, with a glove shift the rack in the oven to see how they move, if they wobbly, They aint done yet.
- Afterwards, place in the fridge for at least 2-3 Hours to firm up. Kinda like cheesecake.
- Place about A tablespoon of sugar up top, then burn w/ a torch OR place on the Broiler for about 30 seconds til its caramelized up top.
And that’s it. Pretty simple no?
Give it a try. I dare ya. For realz.
So I may bring back the French dessert thingy, I may go another route. Who knows.
But summer’s nearly here, I think Ice Cream is in order. Last year I made Sorbet. I’m thinkin it’s time to try to make Ice Cream.
From scratch. (GASP!!! Clutch The Pearls!!!)
Anyways, y’all like what you see on here??
Like, Comment and/or Subscribe. I do keep this sucker updated frequently.
Who knows, I could win more awards. That’d be cool. Anybody know if and when they mail ‘em out?
Guess I’ll have to figure that out, now excuse, I got some Creme Brulee to eat.