Mothers Day came and went, hopefully it was good for y’all. But the main thing to look forward to is the summer.
Now down here, one may think its already summer judging by how hot it is. But once Memorial Day hits, to me thats when summer is here.
And that means a couple of things:
First: It’s swimsuit season where everybody walks about damn near naked showing off what they’ve been working on during February (lets be real, nobody REALLY is workin out in January). For us guys, its daunting. Yeah I said it before, and I’ll say it once again: Its tough being a guy at the pool. Esp when you got a bit of a keg instead of a six pack.
And Two (and more importantly): PEACHES ARE IN SEASON!!! HOORAY!!! And you get this:
Peach Creme Brulee.
As you can tell, I’m fairly a Peach Addict.
Though I am from Texas, I also grew up in Georgia where Peaches are king. And with the summer coming up, that means I’ll be doing a lot with the Peach. Esp the ones from the farmers market.
Last year in GA, I bought a whole bunch of Peaches and carried ’em on a airplane back to Tejas.
Don’t Tell the Airport Security.
Back to the point, the Peach Creme Brulee was my gift to mi madre for Mothers Day.
She actually liked it. That was a first, I think.
Sidenote: Over the weekend, I got my hands on the fruit, Papaya. I was all excited about it, until I cut into.
One of the worst smellin fruits I’ve came across.
So how’d I make Peaches N Creme Brulee? (With Caramelized Peaches)
Easy. Kinda like the last post as seen below, BUT
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- 1/2 C Peach Puree
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 2 Tbspoons of Brown Sugar + 2(more) Tbspoons.
- 2 Tbspoons of Reg Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt.
- 1 Peach
- 1 Tlbspoon Butter
Bake for 40 Minutes @ 325 Degreez
- Let the Cream and Peach Puree “infuse” together in a saucepan on Med/Med-Low Heat for about 5 minutes
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar(s) in a bowl.
- Once the Cream’s heated up, Pour (WHILE WHISKIN, tricky I know) some of the cream and make sure that you are still whisking the eggs. Other wise, you risk Peachy Scrambled Eggs, which sound gross.
- Afterwards pour it all back in the saucepan and whisk for a few minutes more.
- Take off the heat and add the Vanilla. Then pour into Ramekins.
After Baking, let it set in the fridge for about 3 hours. Then Brulee how you like.
- TO GET THE CARAMELIZED PEACHES: 1 Peach + 1 Tbspoon Butter+ 2 Tbspoons of Brown Sugar+ 1/2 a Lemon. In a pan. Squeeze lemon juice over the peaches WHILE they cook. Cook til it gets all bubbly.
Then you get this bad boy here:
I think this could be a new staple for summertime desserts. No?
Welp, thats all I got for today. I’ve literally ran out stuff to talk about. Weird huh
Give this sucker a try. For reals.
Til then…keep workin towards that goal for the summer. Swimsuit season’s nearly upon us y’all!
Oh and 29 days til the Big Day…NO I aint gettin married, I’m makin a grooms cake.