I’m pretty sure we’ve all had one in our lifetime. Any particular favorites?? GO!!!!
I was a Brown Sugar Cinnamon as well as a Blueberry fan as a kid. Then fast forward to college, I got hooked on the Cookie Dough flavor. Which is prob why ,at least one of the reasons, I got fatt-er.
Still love Pop Tarts though.
Lookin pretty “Rustic” no?
So what brought on the Pop Tart craze?
Welp, I’ve been wanting to make these for a while now. It took a combo of bein lazy along with that whole French dessert phase I had that prevented it.
But alas, Here it is!!!
“Alas” is a funny word.
So the flavor combo of Peach & Blackberry. I went with that cuz I LUVE me some peaches, but I’ve grown to love Blackberries.
The whole Tart-ness of the Blackberries and Sweet-ness of the Peaches work. Saw what I did there? I sound like a pro right there.
I know, I’m kinda slow on certain foods. It shocks the heck outta folks to know that I had never eaten Sushi before.
Eatin raw fish doesn’t sound that appetizing to me. Don’t Judge.
So I was kinda thinking Blueberry when I was tryin this out. But Blackberries go well w/ Peaches like Blueberries.
So heres how I did what you see above:
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 C Butter (Cold)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 C Sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 C Cold Water ( I’ll explain that later)
- 2 Peaches (Sliced)
- 1/2 Pint of Blackberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbspoons brown sugar
- 1/3 C Reg Sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
Bake @ 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- With the cold water, it depends on where you at. It can take only a 1/4 C of water to get the dough to come together in a ball. It can take 1/2 a Cup. Just keep an eye on it.
- Afterwards, flour a board and/or counter, then start working the dough out til it gets ply-able. Not sure how to spell that word yet.
- With the filling add the sugars & cinnamon over the fruits, let it sit for about 10 minutes. Add the cornstarch as a thickener.
- Put about a tablespoon of the fruit mixture on one cut-out and cover over with another cut-out.
- Also cut a hole in the center to let out steam and that way, the dough wont puff up.
- This will yield about 4 Big Pop Tarts for me. You can cut ’em as small as you wanna.
And you get somethin like this
That one I was almost done eating. Like I said, Don’t Judge. They were good.
So give theses a try. What’s great about Pop-Tarts, in general. You can make any kinda of flavor you wanna. Wanna’s my new word for the day.
So use the dough recipe and go from there.
That’s all I got for now… Actually, I somewhat successfully pulled off the practice run of the Groomscake. Now the Grooms gotta try it now.
I’ll let y’all know how that goes. But as I was sayin, thats all I got for now.
Like what ya see? Comment, Like and /or Subscribe to this sucker. I swear I try to update it frequently.
Til then…What’s your favorite Pop Tart??? GO!!!!