I’ve come to the realization of something in my life thats current and won’t change.
It’s somethin that I’ve accepted and moved on in my life.
“Call Me Maybe” is forever burned in my brain. And I don’t care.
I hear that song not only when I’m drivin, but at work too. It’s inescapable. I’m using some pretty fancy words No?
Anyways, its catchy and I dont care if folks see me sing it out loud.
So today’s post is cake, but not just any kinda cake. It’s rolled up. Kinda like a log. It’s sorta french.
Well the term “Roulade” is a cooking term which basically means “Rolled Up”.
I’m giving a shout out to France, mainly cuz they lost in Euro 2012. Which btw, the most addictive soccer tourney next to the World Cup.
So this is what a “Cake Log” looks like as seen herre:
Don’t y’all love how the filling looks like a giant swirl?
At least I do anyways.
This is a basic Root Beer Float Cake (Which is just White Cake with Root Beer in it) with Vanilla Frosting in the center.
But crazy thing is, you can do this with ANY cake to be honest.
A cake from scratch, or dare I say it: A cake from CAKE MIX!
So I think this post is more about the Technique of how to do this rather than the cake itself.
So this is my first “How-To” post ever!??
It’s pretty easy to do:
- Use a 8 X 12 inch (aka a Cookie Sheet with 4 sides) with parchment paper on the bottom with some cooking spray.
- Bake it within 15 minute time span.
- While the cake’s baking, prep a towel with POWDERED SUGAR all over it. (You’ll see at the end why I put that in all caps)
- After you take the cake out of the oven, let it sit for a couple of minutes, then flip it out on the towel w/powdered sugar on it.
- Proceed to roll it up very slowly and gently and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Once it’s cool’d off, unroll it and put whatever filling on top and roll it up w/out the towel, very gently. Then place in the fridge for an hour.
- Now if you put the Powdered Sugar on there like I mentioned before, the cake will come off without pain or tear or heartbreak.
And that’s it. And you’ll get something like this
So y’all should try this with whatever cake recipe y’all got. Just remember my bullet point-ed explanation and everything should work out fine.
Other wise, it’ll be heartbreak and you’ll be all sad and stuff.
That’s all I got for today.
If y’all like what ya see, subscribe, comment and/or like to this sucker. I do updated. Randomly. But I do update it.
I like to keep folks on their toes. Whoever it is whose reading this thing.
But before I go, I left y’all a piece of cake.
Corny, yes. But Enjoy!!