Hopefully y’all enjoyin this Olympic Coverage wherever y’all maybe on the planet. Y’all got a favorite event so far?
Me? You aint gonna believe it, but its Rowing. Yep. Rowing.
Fun Fact: I was once a rower. Not an Elite one, I was too short for that. Those guys are HUGE!!!
BUT I rowed in an 8 man boat about 5 years ago. Watching the races brought up good ole-nostalgia.
The Blisters on the hands, The Spandex Uni’s.(Unless you are in good shape, those things will exploit your flaws). Feeling like you may have a heart attack after the race is over.
Oh the memories.
Not sure if y’all been watching, well you should. But watching it, they make it look so effortless. But it aint.
Speaking of effortless, (dig the segway coming up here?) Sherbert is up there.
Now what in the world is it? It’s Ice Cream, but a bit lighter version of it.
Usually the traditional Ice Cream got Heavy Cream and Egg Yolks. This one is mainly Milk Based along some Egg Whites or Gelatin, sometin to thicken it up.
This recipe’s got Egg Whites and they are whipped, but not cooked. But it aint something to “Clutch Tha Pearls” over. If you eat cookie dough, or Mayonnaise, you eating raw egg.
So I wanted to do somethin unique with sherbert since I did Peach Ice Cream.
I fortunately had some left over white chocolate that I’d been tryin to figure what to do with and thus this was born:
I know it don’t as glamorous or got that “OOOHHH” factor as say if I’d used Dark Chocolate. But the taste is all there folks.
I wanted to give this a boost, and Raspberry goes well w/ White Chocolate. Plus I needed to clear out some space in the fruit drawer in the fridge.
I swear most of theses recipes come from me tryin to clear out room in the fridge.
But to get this
You will need this recipe:
White Chocolate & Raspberry Sherbert
- 4 Cups of Whole Milk
- 4 Egg Whites
- pinch of salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 6 oz White Chocolate
- 1 Cup of Raspberry Puree (strained)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- Pour the Sugar into the Milk and let it come to a scald (where the bubbles are on the sides)
- Dump in the White Chocolate and stir to let the chocolate melt.
- After it’s combined together, take the milk off the heat, add the vanilla and let it cool down.
- Put some Raspberry with some lemon juice in a blender and puree it. Then strain to catch the seeds and proceed to put into Hot White Chocolate Milk concoction.
- Whilst its cooling, put the egg whites and pinch of salt in a bowl, and whip that sucker til its soft peaks. See how I used “Whilst”.
- After it’s cooled, fold the whipped egg whites into the concoction and pour it in an Ice Cream Machine thingy.
- If you dont have one, like moi?? Put it in a blender and in the freezer for about 90 minutes then pulse for a few seconds, then place it back in and repeat 1 hour later. Do that about 3-4 times then let it set in the freezer overnight.
And thats about it. And you get this:
One thing about Ice Cream, it’s better over time. Eating freshly churned Ice Cream aint the same as seasoned w/LUV Ice Cream.
Hopefully y’all enjoyed todays little fun fact and Sherbert post.
Like what y’all see???
Like, Comment and/or Subscribe to this sucker. I do update this on a weekly basis. Who knows, maybe this’ll amuse you for the week.
I dont know.
But I do know that I wanna make Pull Pork again…. Adios.