Wildberry Pop Tarts. How’d I decide on this one?
Funny story: Last week, I had a craving for some Pop Tarts. And one of my fav’s is Wildberry Pop Tarts.
It’s up there in the Top 3 of fav Pop Tarts I would eat when I was in college. The other two are: Brown Sugar Cinnamon & Cookie Dough. (Soooooo Good).
However after posting on FB, I was shocked to find out that they stop making Wildberry Pop Tarts.
Like “Clutch The Pearls” shocked. And I was saddened by this. (Not Really, BUT…)
BUT, my “DIY-King”self just HAD to make some. #Foodie Problems….
And after researching around to figure what the heck goes into Wildberry.
(I’m just gonna take a crack at it and say that the name has to do w/berries growing in the wild. Maybe??)
I came up with this:
The Wildberry Pop Tart. My way anyways.
Shocking thing was, that it did taste like Wildberry. Cray Cray right???
It’ll take a minute to cook,(no, not literally a minute) but it’s worth it in the end.
So to get this filling (clever word-play eh?):
You’ll need this:
- 1 Pint of Blueberries
- 1 Cup of Raspberries
- 1 Cup of Blackberries
- 1 Orange (Juiced)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tblspoons Flour
- Take the Blueberries, Blackberries and Raspberries in a fairly big saucepan. Juice an orange and place the sugar in the saucepan and let it come to a boil on medium heat.
- After about 10 minutes or until the berries burst and juices are flowing. The juices should all infuse w/each other.
- Once that happens strain it, to remove the seeds and skins. Then place the juice back into the saucepan on Medium heat.
- Then proceed to add the flour, it’ll be the thickener. Once it’s thickened up, then take off the heat. Add some vanilla then let it cool off.
- From there take whatever Pie Dough recipe you got, cut it into squares, spread the filling on, cover it, then brush an egg wash over.
- Then Bake for 35 minutes @ 350 Degrees(z)
And that’s it…For Realz.
Crazy thing is that, the filling can double as a spread on Peanut Butter Sandwiches or Toast for Breakfast.
Best of Both Worlds.
So with that said. Hopefully y’all give this a try.
Like what y’all see?
Comment, Like and/or Subscribe to this bad boy right here. (HOP TO IT (WO)MAN!)
I do update this sucker on a weekly basis.
And hopefully your favorite Pop Tart dont go out of sale. But take one for the road.
Til next time…. I can’t think of nothin to go with this line.
Eat a Pop Tart I guess.