Oh hey there world. What’s new w/ y’all?
I’ve got a new drink for y’all.
Mint-Aid. Now y’all prob thinking: “Whaaa?”
It’s somethin I came across on Saturday at this restaurant w/my old man.
Now as some of y’all out there maybe aware of this: I’m a bit of a “Lemonade Afficiandao”
If that’s a real term. It is in my head anywayz.
I’m particular about my lemonade. You make a watered down lemonade, I will punch you in the face.
Consider that a warning.
Not really, but I aint gonna be too pleased about it.
But havin tried it, I was (you guessed it) inspired to make some Mint-Aid.
Basically from what the waiter told me, “Mint-Aid” is a combo of citric juices w/ fresh mint leaves to infuse w/the juices.
Citric Juices= Orange, Lemon, Lime etc.
No, not Peppermint. Actual Mint. Like in that Orbitz gum.
Having bought Mint for the first time, it’s got quite a nice smell to it.
So spending about a day thinkin of how to come w/it. I’ve done it.
That moment when you’ve been successful in replicating something right/or creating a recipe and it works. It’s epic.
Almost like that scientist guy from “Back To The Future” running in and screaming “IVE DONE IT!!!!”.
When I tried it, I was impressed by how all the juices worked together and not too overbearing. Wow I sound like a food critic or whatever.
But its good drink to have after a long day. Some folks have a beer, I prefer lemonade.
Esp after this week of crazy stupidity.
Mostly: Going to court for my speeding ticket, paying for Def Driving, then also payin to be put on probation.
Yeah thats right Im on probation. I sound like a celeb gone bad. But after 90 days, my other “offense” (not signaling changing lanes) will be dismissed.
Also I started training (hopefully yall not all excited BUT) for One-Half of a Half-Marathon.
I’m slowly regretting that decision. Oh well.
So after this week, I need a drink.
So here’s how you make this:
You’ll need this
- 1 1/2 C Orange Juice (Fresh Squeezed, not store bought, so about 6 oranges)
- 3 Lemons, squeezed
- 1 Lime, squeezed
- 1 Grapefruit, squeezed
- 2/3 C Simple Syrup (That’s equal parts of sugar and water)
- Mint leaves
- 2 1/2 Cups of Water
- 1 Cup Club Soda
- In a saucepan, put equal parts sugar and water (So if you put 1 Cup of Water, Put 1 Cup of Sugar in. OR 5 Cups of Water…you guessed it) and let it boil for 5 minutes til the sugar dissolves.
- After the syrups cools down, add it in w/ all the squeezed juices in a pitcher, add some water and club soda.
- Pick some Mint leaves off their stems and add it in, the leaves are gonna add a nice flavor to it. (Again, look at me talkin like a critic.)
- Let it sit in the pitcher for a few hours. It’s better that way.
So give this a try….seriously.
So, y’all like what y’all see( Note my Texan language)?
Subscribe, Like and/or Comment on this bad boy.
I do update this sucker on a regular basis and I do read (and appreciate) the feedback.
So I leave you w/this
Cool overhead shot huh? Idk.
Til next time…I never know a good way to finish theses things, but I SWEAR I’m workin on it.