What up world.
Happy October Everybody!!
Well thinkin about Halloween comin up: A. I’ve already got my costume in mind ready.
And B. August has no Holidays. None that I can think of anyways. Random thought, I know. But then again, that’s what I’m about.
And todays post is no different: Oatmeal Stout Chocolate Chip Cookies. BEHOLD!
Beer in Cookies?? Have I gone Cray Cray?!
What was the inspiration of this? Well one, this website called “The Beeroness”
This woman is a genius for being able to incorporate beer into dishes.
Esp in desserts. (HELLO!!!!)
I dont normally drink beer, BUT I do like to cook with it though.
And Two, I just so happened to have an open stout beer in the fridge and thought about using it for SOMETHING.
Fun Fact: I was recently card-ed at the store buying beer. It made me feel special/ not so old.
Fortunately The Beeroness had a recipe for chocolate chip cookies w/ Stout Beer.
And I HAD to try it w/ the Ole-Bill tweak to it. Not a fan of nuts in cookies.
Also when it comes to Oatmeal Cookies. I despise eating one thinkin its Chocolate Chip but it turns out to be Raisin.
Trust Issues Exist People!!! And thats why. You cant say you hadnt had that feeling before.
Anywhos, how do you make this?
Easy, you’ll need the following:
- 1 3/4 C Flour
- 2 Tblspoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 C Oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 C Butter (1 and 1/2 sticks)
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Reg Sugar
- 1 C Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbspoons of Reduced Stout Beer*
Bake for 12 minutes @ 350 degrees(z)
- With the Stout Beer. Pour about 1 Cup of Stout Beer into a saucepan and set to Medium heat and let it come to a boil and reduce it to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When you see it look almost syrup-y, take it off the heat. Otherwise it’ll over-reduce and look like crud on the bottom of a pan after browning some meat.
- Then proceed to do everything else, like you would normally with cookies. Aka cream Butter & Sugar, add the Egg, then Dry Ingredients. Yadayada.
And thats it.
You can do what I did and make an Ice Cream Sandwich outta it!
Welp, thats all I got for nows.
Like what ya see?
Comment, Subscribe and/or Like this page. I do update this sucker fairly often.
Oh fun fact: I FINALLY bought a doughnut pan! Looks like somebodys gonna be making some real doughnuts soon.
Also I plan on buying a Pumpkin and making some Pumpkin Puree.
FALL DESSERTS HERE I COME!!!!
I sound excited huh?