Oh hey there world, hopefully Fall is treatin y’all well.
Unfortunately where I live, that doesnt happen. Oh Wellz. At least it aint humid.
So I’ve heard that it’s “allegedly” the start of Fall.
I dont believe it. I’m a firm believer that after Labor Day is the start of Fall.
I mean come on, All the new shows come back in September anyways.
But anyways, this is Part 2 of my “series” of Pumpkin.
If you follow this sucker, I’ve decided to buy a Pumpkin and make as many desserts w/ Pumkin. Last week (or you can just scroll down below. Easy Right?) I made doughnuts.
This week, I made wHoopie Pies. Pumpkin Spice WHoopie Pies w/ Cream Cheese Frosting/Filling.
You must emphasize the “H”. You just have to dangit!
So if you’ve been following this sucker for long (it’s okay if you don’t. I wont blast you for it. Not a lot anyways) I like wHoopie Pies.
For those of y’all like “Whats THAYAT?!” ( I imagine some of y’all w/ weird southern accidents).
It’s essentially cake batter, that’s shaped into cookies with filling in the center like a pie.
It’s supposedly from Maine. Never been there. Anybody know what it looks like up there?
But there real easy to make folks. Like I say all the time, If I could pull this off, obviously you could too.
So to get this here:
You’ll need the following
For the WHoopie:
- 2 & 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground Clove
- 1/2 C Butter, Softened
- 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 C Pumpkin Puree (Fresh or Canned, I dont judge)
Bake for 10-12 minutes @ 350 Degrees(z)
For The Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 Stick of Cream Cheese, Softened.
- 1/4 C Butter (or half a stick) softened.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Make SURE that Cream Cheese is SOFTENED, if it aint, prepare for lumps. And those aint pretty.
- Cream everything together, then proceed to mix in the Powdered Sugar in SLOWLY, otherwise it’ll look like a bomb went off.
- Like I said earlier,( or if you just skipped my rambling and wanted to see the recipe,) its like cake batter. So start w/ creamin the butter and sugar, then proceed w/ the egg and yadayadayada…
- Then if you want, scoop out the batter w/ a spoon. Be sure to spray some oil on the spoon so the batter slides right off. OR place in a ziplock bag and pipe it out, if you one of those folks who are perfectionist.
So that’s it…basically.
They were a hit at the party I was at, despite the overuse of Pumpkin by mostly everybody. I myself included in that.
But give it a try, esp cuz they look so tiny. See
They so TINY, you can eat more than one. Which in some cases can be a good thing.
So that’s all I got for now…
If y’all like what y’all see…Comment, Like and/or Subscribe.
I do update this sucker fairly often.
So til next time, I hope y’all have an easy time comin up w/a Halloween Costume.
And be sure to step your game up w/ the costumes too. No Lame Ideas Allowed.