Oh hey, it’s December!
Holy Crap, where’d 2012 go?!! Apparently we’re about 17-ish days til the world ends.
Well I know what I’ll be doing, I’m gonna get a Reece’s Pieces Blast from Sonic as either comfort/celebration.
If we do survive to 2013, I know what’ll happen first: That John Cusack movie “2012” (that movie where the world’s comin to an end) is going straight to the Comedy bin at Blockbusters (does that still exist?) or on NetFlix.
Around this time last year, an event changed my life FOREVAH!
Well, not really “FOREVAH”……
I posted a pic of Cinnamon Rolls and it went viral/fresh pressed.
When that happened, my little “Blog” thingy got all theses comments and followers.
It was beyond Cray Cray for me to have people all of sudden wanted to follow this thing.
To get a comment on here was like hitting the lotto, to me anyways. And all of a sudden, I grow a following.
And to that I say, GRACIAS/ THANK YOU/ MERCI!!!
So what to make know that it’s December and Pumpkin is fashionably out?
A Gingerbread Tart to be exact. Why?
I had too much Gingbread Dough and thought, “Hey make a tart!!”
I sometimes talk to myself like that. Some ideas are born outta random thought.
Nevermind the whole Orange Curd filling. Dont even look at it!!!
Well you can if you want. But admire the Tart Crust itself…
Done “Oooh”ing and “Ahhh”ing? No? I’ll give y’all a minute. I kid of course.
Fun Fact: I got the idea from “Simply Recipes”.com, there’s no quotes in the name.
So. Wanna know how to make it?? (That don’t sound creepy does it?)
Its essentially make Gingerbread cookies, but in a Tart Pan. Crazy right???!!!
Prolly Not, But I digress…
Well this is what I did:
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cloves (LUUV me some Cloves)
- Pinch of Salt
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Butter (Room Temp)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
Bake for 15 minutes @ 350 degreez.
- Cream yo’ Butta(thats Butter for those hipster-illiterate)and Sugar and add the spices.
- Alternate Flour and Molasses til its ALL GONE. No reason for all caps on that one.
- Let it firm up in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Then let it come to room temp for about 10 minutes.
- Proceed to roll out to about 1/2 inch thick or til you can cover the tart pan.
- If it breaks on you, dont start crying. Just take pieces of it and press into the pan.
- Poke holes with a fork to let out the steam out and it wont puff up all weird.
- And then throw said pan into the oven.
And you get this
There you have it folks….Pretty basic stuff no??
Welp, that’s all I got for now…
If y’all like what y’all see???
Comment/ Subscribe and/or Like this Bad Boy. I do update this sucker on regular basis.
Well not “Regular” but…you get the point.
I have this strong urge to make Eggnog.
However it being 70-ish degrees outside, makes it hard to enjoy it. #TexanProblems.