Well y’all, it’s that time of the year…
Where we swear we gonna hit the gym and lose that weight from all the ham and cake we ate over x-mas but by 2 weeks in, we quit and try to do it again next year.
Well to that I say…. that maybe true. BUT it don’t have to be w/your food eating.
No you aint gotta go on a soy diet or starve yourself.
Or in yours truly case eat a lot of food w/ Flax Seed in it and have slowly come back to haunt you…. #TMI ???
I learned last year, you can drop some weight if you don’t overeat.
AKA “Don’t keep eating til you have a Food Baby”
Eat til you feel yourself get full y’all!!
With that said, for those w/a sweet tooth, I’m startin a MOVEMENT!!
I sound like Puffy/Diddy…(Don’t care what he calls himself, I know him as Puff).
Anyways for this month (or however long I keep y’alls and my attention in this) I will make desserts that can be seen as quote/unquote “Healthy”.
See what I did there…cray cray right???
SO I present the first one: Apple-Blackberry Crisp!!!
The word “Crisp” sounds fancy huh???
Well its in the same style as say Cobbler, BUT crisp has a lighter topping on it rather than a biscuit dough up top.
It even looks pretty right??…. Maybe???
Anyways, it’s a bit of a fancier step than just putting a bowl of berries together w/some sugar and cream and sayin that’s dessert.
No, that is just bein LAZY!!!
Forgive me for my some-what outburst… if that’s what you call it.
But none the less, it’s fairly simple to pull off to get this:
You’ll need the following.
- 2 Granny Smith Apples (they SUPER tart)
- 1 Cup of Blackberries
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (Grated)
- 1/2 Cup Oats (ya know,the ones you make oatmeal with)
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Butter (cold & cubed)
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
- For the topping start w/ the ingredients starting with the word “Oats” on down in a blender and pulse til it looks on crumbly and stuff.
- Peel the skin off the apples and slice ’em up and place along with the blackberries in a baking dish.
- Pour sugar over the fruit and stir to coat.
- Add cinnamon & nutmeg. Thats important for whatever reason.
- Add the topping and place in the oven @ 375 degrees for about 40-45 minutes.
Pretty straightforward y’all. You can even eat it w/some (GASP!!!) Vanilla Ice Cream…
I know, I know “CLUTCH THA PEARLS!!!”, you can sub it w/yogurt if you must.
Welp, that’s all I got for this week….
If y’all like what y’all see? Comment!, Subscribe! and/or Like! this page
That’s me shoutin at y’all….
But I do update this sucker fairly regularly … you can insert a joke there somewheres.
But w/that said, here’s another look at the CRISP!!
I don’t know why I like that word “CRISP” so much…