So….I had a moment where I thought
“Holy Crap! I forgot to post something!!” last week.. My Bad.
I apologize, I almost feel what Lance Armstrong’s going thru. Except I never lied & cheated and destroyed folks lives for so long.
So, Lance may be a bad example, figuratively & literally. But I’d been working so much where I literally said out loud “Holy Crap its Friday??!!!”
So, heres a post, on a Monday. Hopefully you dont have a case of it, but are like me enjoying this day off.
Honestly, I think they should make Monday a holiday, make it easier to deal with the rest of the week.
With that, here’s my latest wacky creation: Peanut Meringue Cookies.
Dont know how to describe how they look without sounding like I’m a 3rd grader but they do taste good though and not like Crap (HELLO!!!).
Anyways, this is for my Peoples on the whole “Gluten-Free” diet or can’t eat Gluten.
Hopefully, you dont have a Peanut allergy…cuz you can sub it for another nut.
Vegans, y’all gonna have to wait y’all turn.
This is one of the fewest ingredients I’ve used in a dessert. WHAAA??! HOW??!!!
Well Meringue = Egg Whites + Sugar. It’s that simple. Whip up the whites til they look like styrofoam and then add the sugar til it looks like whipped cream.
There’s a couple of ways of knowing you’ve done your job:
A. Take some of it and rub between your fingers and if it feels nice and smooth and not grainy…then you’ve done your job.
B. If you’re brave enough, hold the bowl upside down over your head and if nothing falls on your head… then you’ve done your job!!
If option B scares the crap outta you, just stick with A.
So to get this:
You’ll need this….
Peanut Meringue Cookies
- 5 Egg Whites
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Grounded up Peanuts
- Pinch of Salt.
Bake for 2 hours @ 200 degrees. Meringue is very gentile. Remember that people.
- Put Egg Whites in mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and the lemon juice and start whipping (preferably w/ an electric whisk, unless you going for the workout version) til it looks like styrofoam.
- Once its at soft peaks (aka styrofoam) proceed to add sugar, GRADUALLY!!! If you dump in the sugar it’ll make the egg whites lose volume.
- Proceed to continuing beating in the sugar til it’s dissolved.
- Fold in Grounded Peanuts (or whatever Nut) into the meringue til you see specs throughout.
- Pipe out or Spoon on a Baking Sheet and Bake @ 200 degrees for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, turn off oven and let them sit in there for another 30 minutes.
So there you have it folks. Give this a shot.
Like I said before, this is for that “Health Kick” that everybody is prolly on for another week or so…
If y’all like what y’all see?
Comment, Subscribe and/or Like said page (here)
I do update this sucker fairly regularly…
So til next time, have a cookie for the road…