So world, I’m a tad cranky…
To whoever that it is thats doing that obnoxious tapping on the windows outside…
I will find you….and give you a STERN talking to!!! Maybe even a mean mug too…
Those are dangerous too.
SO…last week I did it!!
I pulled off cooking on V-Day!!! I cooked an entire pasta dinner for 50 some-odd people.
I cooked Shrimp & Chicken Alfredo pasta and it came out quite lovely…or so I think.
Or what I’ve been told too…I don’t know. As for that Brownie Cheesecake as seen below?
That sucker was gone before I even got to look at it…guess that may be a good thing.
So to the post at hand… Blackberry Muffins.
Why did I make these?? I was too lazy to go buy Cereal so I thought I’d make muffins to eat instead…#bakerproblems
I like muffins, I don’t make’em too often. Not sure why thought???
Anyways, the recipe which I found on a certain “Pinning” site… I kinda took their recipe and twerked it a bit….
With Blackberries!! I find they get over shadow by the Blueberry waaay too much.
So with that I shall now share y’all the recipe, I know FINALLLY!!
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Pint of Blackberries
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 Egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Bake @ 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Sidenotes(been a minute since I’ve done that):
- Gather all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl & set aside.
- With the Blackberries add the Sugar, Vanilla & Lemon Juice and stir’em around so they get coated.
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks and set aside. A lot of settin aside this time around.
- Combine the berries and stuff with the dry ingredients.
- Add the Egg Whites in thirds. First batch just mix in, next batch fold in nice n gently. Also fold in the Zest of the Lemon.
- Place batter in muffin tins and toss that sucker in the oven.
- It should yield 10-12 muffins all together.
And you get this
I found this to be a fairly simple thing to whip up. Esp if you one of them “On The Go” folks.
Or in my case the last month n half, training for a 10k race. I’ve been myself outta house and home
Anyways, hopefully y’all get somethin from this recipe and hopefully on Saturday, I wont go out and get trampled…
That would suck.
So w/that I’ll leave you some muffins….
Anybody else realize February is almost over…dang.