What up world, Hopefully y’all been doin well…
Been a busy kid…officially started payin for skool (school)
For those that don’t know, I’m going to cooking school to learn Baking…for realsies.
So in the meantime, been working a lot, saving up.
Which is one reason, why y’all don’t here from me that much.
BUT no fear, I still keep y’all informed…
So w/that said, Banana Pudding? Porque?
Well, I was at a retreat and the request of the retreat: Banana Pudding
Have I eaten it before? Yeup
Have I made it before? Nope.
But after much “research”, I found a recipe on a newspaper clipping and voila!!
I made it, first time in a while I made somethin and had no idea if it was good or not.
Not tooting my own horn…I just said “tooting” in a sentence #silly
But to make it you’ll need the following
- 4 Eggs (Separated)
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 3 Bananas (Ripened)
- 1 Cup Sugar (Separated)
- Box of Vanilla Wafers
- For the Pudding aspect: Use the 4 Egg Yolks, 1 1/2 Cups of Milk, 1/2 Cup Sugar.
- Take the remaining 1/2 Cup of Milk and 1/3 Cup of Flour and mix together with a Fork in a Cup/Bowl.
- Heat up the Milk n Sugar together in a saucepan then pour the hot milk over the yolks and whisk it simultaneously in a bowl. Then add it back to the saucepan.
- Take the Milk/Flour mixture then whisk it in to the saucepan and let it come to a boil. Stir occasionally.
- You gotta let it come to a boil to cook out the Flour-y taste and it’ll thicken up. You’ll know when its ready when its thickened and not milky.
- For the Meringue: 4 Egg Whites + 1/2 Cup Sugar. Whip up the whites til frothy, then add the sugar til you get stiff peaks.
- To assemble: Layer w/either Bananas or Wafers first, then go from there like a trifle.
- Place Meringue on top, Place in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or til the meringue gets golden brown.
Thats all it takes, No Pressure y’all….really.
Apparently Banana Pudding is up there as a legendary dessert. Didnt really think about that when I made it.
That’s all I got for this week… I have decided it’s the return of Pop Tarts!!!
That should be fun…
If y’all like what y’all see? Comment, Subscribe and/or Like this bad boy…I try n keep this sucker interesting.
If not…I cant give ya a refund so…..
Oh btw, anybody else tired of the NBA Finals???
I swear if they had a drinking game of how many times “LeBron” “Miami Heat” “MJ Comparisons” were said, we’d all be DRUNK.