Soo I tend to have a bad habit where I don’t blog every week…Sorry.
I tend to get pretty busy/I forget..yeah yeah you’ve heard this enough.
So what’s been going on world?
Me? Just working + Skool. Apparently I’ve been there WAAAAY too long.
Or so my chef instructor told me last week….
Btw, I’m currently in a Chocolates and Confectioners class and the song “Chocolate” by The 1975
was stuck in my head….#isthatweird?
5 hours of Tempering Chocolate..it’s a tricky one…but I will explain that later.
But first Macaron time!
I went with the Gold color for a “Senior” Prom. “Senior”= Senior Citizens.
I didn’t go to the “Prom” but I dropped them off for a friend that was hosting it.
Hopefully they were able to eat them….not sure if they needed dentures for Macarons.
I’m a horrible person, I know.
Anywhos. People have tried and some have failed in making theses desserts.
Where I work we do these twicee a month. I’ve gotten to the point I can make them in my sleep.
Now will I give the recipe to make this
Nope. Don’t wanna a lawsuit /Get Fired
I can give some advice on how to make them (somewhat) look like the ones in the stores.
- Accept that some of them will not look like they do in the stores…thus why they charge so much.
- There’s been many a debate on oven temp. “IT SHOULD BE HIGHER!” “NO YOU FOOL IT SHOULD BE LOWER!!!!” “GRRR!!!!!””” I’ve baked mine at 325. And then rotate half way through bake time…
- After you pipe them, let them sit out to dry out for about 20 minutes..OR when you tap the Macaron with your finger and it none of it gets on your finger. Then they are ready.
- Speaking of Piping. Pipe STRAIGHT DOWN on to the paper. Not angled. This will make sure the shell will look like an actual circle and even out.
- To tell whether the shells are done will require the following: Tapping the shell and trying to move it…if it wiggles, it aint done yet. I know touching something whilst its in the oven may be scary. But just for a second. With your finger. Not your whole hand..
That’s basically what I’ve done and it’s seems to work for me…so far.
Now have some come out not so pretty. Yeah, but that don’t mean they taste any different.
That’s what I’ve got…
I’ll be back relatively soon.
I promise. In the mean time, feel free to comment/like this post. I do read this fyi…
Till next time. Be prepared. VDay is coming….le sigh.